Monday, October 31, 2016

21!! Woo!

Hiiiiii  thank you everyone for all the amazing birthday wishes. 21!! Woo! It doesn't feel real. Definitely a lot of firsts on this birthday… sang in church with our district and investigators, gave a talk in church, street boarded, went to a Fireside, and ate 미역국 (Korean seaweed soup - literally eating "age"). It was a different birthday but an amazing one and I feel so blessed and lucky to be in in Korea. 

This week we had our Halloween party which was so fun! Korean's don't normally celebrate Halloween and an English class member asked me why American's celebrate... what is the meaning behind it? I couldn't answer. Seriously. Does anyone really know?!  For our party we had a haunted house, games and face painting and SO much food: Korean soup, brownies, cookies, Costco muffins, caramel apples, and best of all... Marina made a Mexican feast!!  Very, very happy. We had a lot of members and investigators come and saw so many miracles in one night. Amazing!!

One of my favorite scriptures on my mission has become Alma 29:10 – “And behold, when I see many of my brethren truly penitent, and coming to the Lord their God, then is my soul filled with joy; then do I remember what the Lord has done for me, yea, even that he hath heard my prayer; yea, then do I remember his merciful arm which he extended towards me.”

On my mission so far I have seen so many people change through the gospel, recognize Heavenly Father's love for the first time, overcome addictions, find their purpose... really find confidence and happiness. I thought about a year ago when I threw my "Dip" party for my birthday and how I had no idea what to expect of the next year... but knew I was excited to serve my mission. I had no idea about so many of my weaknesses, my goals, my blessings... I could not have expected the experiences I would have and the people I would meet. I really just feel so much gratitude to Heavenly Father for redirecting my life to serve a mission, changing who I was and creating a better person, and allowing me to meet so many amazing people who have impacted me and who I will love for the rest of my life. Just really, really happy. But real happiness! 

Thanks everyone have a good week!!! 21, woot woot!!!


Sister Davis/ Caitieday / Park Dobby Sister

Thanks to everyone who sent me pictures for my 21st BDAY Banner.
I Iove all of you!!!  <3 <3 <3
Making Mexican food & Halloween treats for our party.
My attempt at Spooky Halloween Brownies!!! They were sooo good!!!
I got to meet my cute friend & his mom on exchanges in Dongdaemun.
He was so funny & took a bunch of pictures with me!!!   J
Selfies in our apartment with Sister Kim Won Jin, my awesome comp!

Celebrating my 21st with Marina! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment