Sunday, July 31, 2016

Hiii - AUGUST

Hiii- AUGUST. Oh my time is so fast! I realized this morning that this time last year, my mission call came to Arizona and I opened it August 2nd in Utah. No idea a year later I would be in Korea!! Oh my. Life. This week was amazing amazing!! We had President Brown come and speak to us, who was the Mission President of my Mission President and one of the first missionaries in Korean in 1956. He told amazing stories about the faith, humility and growth of the Korean people, which he was able to influence and see firsthand. He was here actually in 1970s when the first Seoul Stake was organized...in the ward building I am serving in now!! This week I also saw MARINA for the first time in 3 months and saw 성희 (Seong Hee) for the last time before she goes to BYU this week! (literally our 4th "final goodbye" and we keep ending up seeing each other)!! 

Also this week I met one of the most incredible people of my entire mission. I can't share all the details...but she is only 2 years older than us and one of the strongest people despite all of the trials a 22 year old should not have experienced. She grew up Muslim, but her entire life didn't accept it, felt lost, and couldn't turn to anyone because they didn't understand. She's spent the majority of her life searching for answers, hope and purpose of life. A month ago, she lost literally everything except for her 2 year old son. She said she feels so lost and like a robot...doesn't cry anymore and is beyond feeling. She looked me in the eyes and said "I just want a hope. I don't want money or worldly things...I need something for my soul. I need a hope for my son." We were able to teach her about Heavenly Father and how much he knows and loves her individually, the Atonement of Jesus Christ personally for her, and the purpose of life. When we shared our testimony of the Atonement, she cried for the first time in a month and said she feels something in her heart she has been searching for. One of my favorite chapters...actually I think my favorite chapter in the Bible is Romans 8. I read it again this week and I really loved verse 17 and 18. "Our suffering at this present time are not worthy to be compared to the glory which shall be revealed to us." As we suffer with Christ (who is with us every step), we will be glorified together. The gospel is true!! I have personally seen it change so many lives. We have the "hope" so many people are looking for!

----our English class this week singing the alphabet song...(all the cutest grandmas and grandpas) "L, M, N....*stop at N in the tune - cont. "R, Q, P S" - So cute! I will take video next week!!!

Have a good week!!!
Park Dobby (Seong Hee gave me the name ㅠㅠ


Ps. Happy birthday Harry Potter

Marina!!!
Companion!! Kim Jin Young!


Koo-ni! Our Chinese investigator!

No comments:

Post a Comment