Sunday, April 3, 2016

Spring in Korea!!

It is finally SPRING in Korea!! So so beautiful. Everywhere we walk I want to stop and document because it is amazing! Flowers I have never seen before (Arizona....), especially the cherry blossoms and Magnolias. We are lucky because the temple is literally in the backyard of our church, so we were able to take our English class on a field trip to the Seoul temple this week. Also because it is spring and the weather is perfect, everyone is out on the streets walking their dogs. I know you all know that Korean's eat dog... (haven't been offered it yet ps.) But they also treasure them and dress them up in colorful sweaters and shirts. So cute! I just love Korea <3

I know you all already watched conference, but because of translation we get to watch it this weekend and I can't wait!! We are so lucky to have the opportunity to listen to the words of our prophet and to receive modern revelation to guide and protect us both spiritually and physically. I have been SO amazed as a missionary watching the saints here in Korea. They are the most faithful people I have ever met...especially when it comes to their temple attendance. When they dedicated the Seoul temple, President Hinckley left a promise in the dedicatory prayer that as long as the Saints are faithful in their temple attendance, they don't ever have to fear an attack from North Korea. The impact of the temple is so evident in their faith, their families and their homes. As soon as you enter a member's home you can just feel the promise of eternal families and it makes me want this blessing for everyone we meet. I love this gospel and I am so grateful to learn the value of temple attendance from the Korean people. 

My favorite scripture this week: "And it shall come to pass, that if the Gentiles shall hearken unto the Lamb of God in that day that he shall manifest himself unto them in word, and also in power, in very deed, unto the taking away of their stumbling blocks" - 1 Ne. 14:1

Have a good week everyone!!

Sister Davis

Magnolias with the English class…

Sung Hee Haksang <3

I love this temple!!!

Seoul Temple in bloom <3 <3

My FAVORITE trees!!!

Cherry Blossoms!!!

Seoul Streets in bloom!

Kai Sin Cheung

More Magnolias!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment