Sunday, May 29, 2016

6 Months!!!

Sunday, May 22, 2016 (really)

This is posted one week late because of Caitlin's parents :/

Hello, hi! I can't believe I am writing this but I hit 6 months this week! Ah. Unbelievable. My companion also hit 14 months this week soooo of course we had to celebrate at an Italian restaurant (oh my. Miracle - found in Taebaek!!!) and with our investigator who surprised us with cake. She also gave me a traditional stamp of my Korean name with ink (So exciting! - Picture included).

This week I unintentionally studied about trials and God's purpose for us every single day. Really! Whether I planned to study God's love or faith, it all ended up running together...which I realized is because it is all part of God's work and glory to perfect us so we can return to Him. This led me to find my new FAVORITE scripture. Joseph Smith translation of Hebrews 11:40:
       "God having provided some better things for them through their sufferings, for without sufferings, they could not be made perfect." 
Then the Apostle Paul continues, "Let us run with patience the way before us - looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith: finisher meaning one who completes or perfects our faith (Hebrews 12:1-2).
 Sorry I have zero time and 7 days of "trials" notes I love = this email is everywhere...BUT to sum it up: we have SO much potential. We can become whoever we choose to become in this life - our goal is perfection. God loves us and knows we are capable of it. Actually He expects it of us. He will give us specific trials, challenges and weaknesses - opposition to provide an opportunity to become that person. He says, "Let me make of you all that you can be." It is our choice. We will experience hard times regardless (Bc God loves us), but how well we choose during those times to give up our will and rely on God determines the extent to which we will change and progress towards perfection. SO MUCH to think about. Mind = blown. BUT: Choose who you want to become, what attributes you want to acquire, how you will respond to the opportunities God gives you, and allow God to shape you into your best self, Christlike/perfect self. 

THIS WEEK:
1. Hiking: So BEAUTIFUL Taebaek. So versatile: rock climbing, rope climbing, greenest trees, flowers...1.4 km, but took almost 2 hours to reach the top = SO steep (or we are tired sister missionaries) 
2. 6 month package from Demi!! Teaching members s'mores tonight!
3. Funny messages received via text from our English class investigators: "You crack me up!", "Ah TGIF," "I make sense your mind" (totally makes sense in Korean, but does not translate!)

4. Our new investigator we met this week. No religion but then he remembered he went to church in the army. They gave out Choco Pie's (Korean snack) to anyone who comes to church, and he was quicklyyyy converted. No idea what they taught, but ate the food every week!!!

SO embarrassed I took this picture...basic sister missionary. But Hiii 6 months!

Hiking!!!!!!!!

Basically models…



Me and my Gu <3

Traditional stamp of my Korean name…

No comments:

Post a Comment