Sunday, June 5, 2016

번데기 - Silk Worm Larvae

Hello!!! I love Korea! This week ended with a miracle - our investigator came to church! I love her SO much, but every week she has said, "I want to come, but I can't promise," and either doesn't show up or comes for the last 4 min. and leaves. This week we really focused on the importance of the sacrament, shared our personal testimonies and experiences, called her every day, prayed as a district, then sent her a strong text in the morning "Do not be late!!!! ps. we love you"...She came on time, took the sacrament, and listened to all the powerful testimonies yesterday, focused on the sacrament and our Savior. Ahhh miracle! It is so amazing how the sacrament has taken an entirely new meaning to me as a missionary. I was the worst and am so guilty of always coming late to church and being the one on my phone...now realizing how much I missed out on before my mission.

I remember my 4th week in Korea...after I had been listening to the sacrament prayers in Korean for 3 months, I decided to read the sacrament prayers and translate them. That week I had been focusing on daily repentance and reliance on Christ. When I took the sacrament that Sunday and really considered what it meant for me, It was an entirely new feeling I had never experienced before...a feeling of personal love, acceptance and renewed power through Christ. I love the words of the Savior, "Behold, this is for you to do in remembrance of my body, for as oft as ye do this ye will remember this hour that I was with you." This is the most important part of our week, and as we humble and prayerfully take the sacrament each week, I promise we can feel God's love and reassurance personally as well as receive renewed strength for the upcoming week. 

Another reason I love this investigator: she texts me this week, "Hi, I have English question. Please explain...what does it mean to ‘set fire to the rain?’" Also in Korean, the word for appointment and promise are the same, "약속" - so whenever she has an appointment she always says, "I have an important promise!" So cute!

This week:
----Tried 번데기 with Sister Sonksen (Pictures included) = silk worm larva. Never again (Korean kids eat it like popcorn!!)
----Learned 단소 this week, which is the bamboo flute/pipe. I am sooo terrible, but mine came with the cheater pipe. To do it well/correctly, you have to sit up straight and pull this half smile kinda thing = the elders look so creepy and scary!
----Also tried my new favorite Korean food "꼬기냉면" = life changing. I will send a picture next week, as I already decided we will go weekly (hmmmm maybe today)
----Our investigator said I look like dog again - so blunt Koreans!! We came in after service project and she says, "how! yesterday you look Miss America, today you look like dog. So ugly" ㅜㅜ
----Also hiking with our branch this week....unless it rains!! (praying diligently as a branch for good weather!!) 

Love you all! 

Park Dobby sister

번데기  Silk worm larvae!!!

Feeding the worms to Sister Sonksen!!!

Peer pressure… 

단소  Bamboo flutes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment