Thursday, December 29, 2016

Merry Christmas from Korea

Merry Christmas everyone! Caitlin sent this email on Christmas but we were out of town so are just getting this out. Thanks for your continued support.

Merry Christmas!! It was so amazing to spend my first Christmas here in Korea. Sorry it's been a while… lots to update! I met my cute greenie last week, Sister Wright! She is from Utah and we are now the two blonde missionaries walking around Seoul. It's so fun! We celebrated Christmas with our ward Christmas party! The highlight was the primary kids doing their hula dancing (our Bishop's daughter is soooo cute!), our ward cello quartet and the nativity the ward put on. We ate Kimbab and Fried Chicken!ㅋㅋ   At Sacrament meeting the missionaries sang Silent Night, planning on the 1st and 3rd verse with a piano solo in between... we had zero time to practice, which I forgot and started singing the 2nd verse on my own as a solo... so embarrassing but no worries because our investigators came to church and we were so happy!!

So amazing to call my family yesterday!! I have been so overwhelmed with gratitude lately for all Heavenly Father has blessed me with. He has given me the most amazing family, the opportunity to find real happiness through knowing and living the gospel, and the experience of coming to Korea and meeting the most incredible people. I am so truly happy and grateful to him and my Savior, Jesus Christ. I know that He lives. Through Him we are never alone. We can always find truth, comfort, guidance, forgiveness, healing and real, lasting joy. It was amazing to share that message this Christmas and to see the light in others’ eyes as they realize and come to know their Savior personally through feeling His unconditional love. I love you all and hope you had an amazing Christmas!! 

Sister Davis


Our weekly Christmas parties at the Mission President’s home with Sister Sonksen…








No comments:

Post a Comment