Monday, June 27, 2016

염색 trauma!!!

Hiii You will not believe last week's trauma. I know I am 100% dramatic...but probably top 10 most stressful moments of my life. I don't have time to tell the whole story, but I'll share the best parts - which I know probably 90% of them you had to be there...but try to imagine. There were 3 rounds....(hair dye) I was really hesitant at first, because I know that regardless of whether our investigator could do my hair or not, she would say that she could. Buttt... ROUND 1: Orange! ROUND 2: Dark grey (literal grey), with orange/blondish streaks = zebra  ROUND 3: dark dark dark greyish/ brown. 1) She is working on round one, washing it and saying "oh so beautiful, like Elsa (Frozen)...then pulls me in front of the mirror.. it is literally orange (Regret: In my moment of peak stress, I couldn't take pictures...ㅜㅜ) 2.) Once we can finally explain to each other what I wanted (language barrier extra big in stress), she keeps saying I can fix!! We will go back to "grey-brown," what she calls my natural color - She starts highlighting the blonde and coloring everywhere else "natural color"...Oh no.....I had to wait for dye to set in, but every time I asked what if it doesn't work they interrupt me with "I can do!" "Trust me!" "I will fix it!"...so then finally I just yell "할수없다면다면다면!!, 다면!!!” (Picture me just "but if doesn't work"...If, IF, IF!!! so stressed and emphasizing the if)...not Christlike moment.  3.) The zebra stage - At this point she starts calling my hair "study" and "science" hahah. Oh no. Anywayyyy end result: not blonde, but I wake up a new color every day. First day, dark dark grey/purple (my STL said I looked like I can go to Hogwards - woo!!), second day: silver/greenish (mix all colors of paint together), today: brownish/blonde. GOOD NEWS: Before when I would speak Korean, sometimes they would see my blonde hair and immediately look to my companion and say "what words is this?", and she would proceed to say the exact same thing!! But now...they trust my Korean!! Wow. Adventure!

I loved this week studying in Alma. I read in Alma 29 where Alma wishes to be an angel, knowing that as he teaches repentance and the plan of salvation "there will not be more sorrow upon the whole face of the earth" (29:2). This doesn't mean there will be no hard times, or not trials....but there will not be sorrow. How? Because even in the most darkest times, we can have hope in the Savior's Atonement and through that find peace. Over 1000 of the Anti-Nephi-Lehi's family, husbands, and friends died in their battle - they "mourned for their loss...YET they rejoice and exult in the hope, and even know, according to the promises of the Lord" that they will return to our Heavenly Father and find "never-ending happiness" (28:12). Everyone has their own trials, suffering - life is really hard sometimes...but I know that the more we come to learn and understand the Savior's Atonement, we can find happiness no matter what trials we go through. I am so grateful to share this hope every day. Missions are hard sometimes too, (yes, I realize I am writing this immediately following my traumatic hair story - I promise I am not including that experience with "trials"), but I am the luckiest and so grateful to help people find that comfort and hope every single day. Everyone needs to know of our Savior!!

PS. SO country and so embarrassed to admit that I am SO excited to spend pday today going to the "huge" grocery story 30 min. away - Oh my. Who am I?

HAVE A GOOD WEEK!!!!

Sister Davis

하효미!!!!

Our investigator made me socks!!! - So funny when she tries to put them
on me and realizes my feet are 10X bigger than Korean's feet!!!

Last week with Taebaek district!

Our cute investigator’s mom! She tells me to call her my Korean mommy <3

2016 June 26th - yes, we are in coats in Taebaek.

No comments:

Post a Comment